Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lately...or maybe just today

There is less than a month left until Ryan and I go on vacation, although it is more of a vacation for him since I haven’t been working. I am looking forward to it for many different reasons, but I am especially looking forward to it because I know that it will be a time when Ryan can relax and I really want that for him.

I don’t want to complain, but the last couple of months have been a little difficult for me. It is amazing how having a job helped me focus, and since I haven’t for the last couple months, I have felt so “disoriented” and in a lot of ways, just out of it. There has been such a range of emotions for me lately but sometimes I will just feel an overwhelming peace and know that even in the times I've screwed up or been just plain dumb, I know God still loves me and is with me every step of the way. That’s a good thing.

It has been nice to be able to teach a couple times in the last month. It definitely feels good to go into a place and do something that you have been trained in and be confident that you’ve done it the best you can and it came out pretty good. Teaching English is kind of funny in a way for me, especially where I have been teaching. A lot of the students come from Spanish speaking countries, but in the classroom they speak only English and when I talk to them, both ends of the conversation are in English. I know the students realize that having a conversation in English will strengthen their language skills, but for me I really want to talk to them in Spanish.

So back to the beginning. I get to go back to Spain in less than a month and I am very excited. I wish the whole family could be there, but it will be nice to spend time with the family that is there.

No comments: