Nine days left until we go to Spain. Yes, I am excited but I think my excitement has changed a little in the past few years. Maybe because I would like to stay longer, but I know I can't. Or maybe because it is different with not as many siblings there, even though I definitely enjoy getting to spend quality time with those that are in Spain. Or maybe because I am older and married and I have a different relationship with my family then I did when I was younger. I do know that I don't know what I would do without my family. I was watching the show "Numbers" recently and something someone said on the show reminded me of how I feel about my family and being far apart from them. It was also something that showed me why I feel frustrated when I don't have contact with my family. Since I am already so far away from part of my family, if I don't have contact with them, it's as if a big part of me were missing. It is hard to explain the feeling, but that's basically it.
On a different subject...today it was finally warmer, but very windy outside. I guess I can't complain too much about the wind. Spring has taken it's time to arrive so I should be happy that it seems like it finally has.
I am teaching tonight. This is my third time and I am still a bit nervous. After this class, I will have taught three levels of English understanding. I have had fun so far and catch places where I know I can improve. At the same time, each class is different so I have to gauge what works for each class and what doesn't. What works for one class might not work for another, especially if they are at a different level with their English.
One of my close friends from college is moving away and it saddens me. I am really going to miss her. I realized that I am not very used to people moving away because I usually am the one that moves. Saying goodbye is hard but I trust this is a friendship I will always have.
Summer is coming up too. I am not sure if there is anything specific to look forward to this summer but I am hoping it's a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment