So this is 2008. I am not sure what I think about it yet, but I know it's still early in the year. 2007 was a good year for me. I feel like I grew a lot personally and spiritually. I formed new friendships, became involved in a wonderful church community...2008 has not started out the way I had expected. If anything, at this point, I have absolutely no idea what to expect of this year. All I know is that if I don't leave it in God's hands and trust him completely and entirely with my life, I will go insane.
Right now I see myself on a hanging bridge not being able to see what is ahead of me, even if the next board is there for me to step on to take the next step. But if I look back, I can se
e all the boards that I have stepped on to get to where I am now, and I remember that there were other times when I couldn't see the board in front of me then, but I just had to step out in faith and trust that God would place that board there for me to take the next step. This time, it feels a little scarier to take that next step. But I know I have to take that step of faith and trust God knows what he's doing (because he really does).
I have had a verse on my mind a lot in the past few months and I feel God reminding me of it more even now. Jeremiah 29:11 says: "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Verses 12 through 14 go on to say:"In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you, says the Lord." That is so amazing to me, especially when I look at the surrounding verses. The Israelites were captive in a foreign land, yet God was telling them to settle in and plan to stay for a while. They weren't somewhere they wanted to be and I am sure they thought a lot about where they could be instead or where they could possibly be in the future. God just doesn't leave them there. He tells them he knows what he is doing. I have to believe that God is telling me the same thing. While my circumstances are entirely different, alot of times I find myself thinking about where I would rather be or where I could be in the future. God is telling me to settle in because if I don't, I will miss what he has for me now, this day, at this moment. He knows what he's doing. And today is just as important as tomorrow. My friendships and relationships are just as important now as are the friendships I will have in the future. Where I am serving now is just as important now as where I will be serving in the future. How can I not believe that? In this new year, when I feel so very unsure about direction in my life, I have to believe that God will put that next board in place, that he knows what he is doing even though I can't necessarily immediately see what he is doing, and that he not only loves me, he also really likes me.
Right now I see myself on a hanging bridge not being able to see what is ahead of me, even if the next board is there for me to step on to take the next step. But if I look back, I can se
e all the boards that I have stepped on to get to where I am now, and I remember that there were other times when I couldn't see the board in front of me then, but I just had to step out in faith and trust that God would place that board there for me to take the next step. This time, it feels a little scarier to take that next step. But I know I have to take that step of faith and trust God knows what he's doing (because he really does).I have had a verse on my mind a lot in the past few months and I feel God reminding me of it more even now. Jeremiah 29:11 says: "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Verses 12 through 14 go on to say:"In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you, says the Lord." That is so amazing to me, especially when I look at the surrounding verses. The Israelites were captive in a foreign land, yet God was telling them to settle in and plan to stay for a while. They weren't somewhere they wanted to be and I am sure they thought a lot about where they could be instead or where they could possibly be in the future. God just doesn't leave them there. He tells them he knows what he is doing. I have to believe that God is telling me the same thing. While my circumstances are entirely different, alot of times I find myself thinking about where I would rather be or where I could be in the future. God is telling me to settle in because if I don't, I will miss what he has for me now, this day, at this moment. He knows what he's doing. And today is just as important as tomorrow. My friendships and relationships are just as important now as are the friendships I will have in the future. Where I am serving now is just as important now as where I will be serving in the future. How can I not believe that? In this new year, when I feel so very unsure about direction in my life, I have to believe that God will put that next board in place, that he knows what he is doing even though I can't necessarily immediately see what he is doing, and that he not only loves me, he also really likes me.

1 comment:
Really enjoy your blogs Stacy. You can trust God. He knows exactly what He is doing and knows exactly what to do to take you to the best that He has planned for you and Ryan. We see God's hand on your life in such a wonderful way. Keep on writing.
Dad
Post a Comment