Monday, June 30, 2008

movies, sermons and attitude checks

This last weekend was an enjoyable weekend...for the most part. On Friday, Ryan and relaxed a little and did some grocery shopping. In the evening, we played "Duel" (it's a game show on TV but Ryan and I play along with it) and that was lots of fun, as it always is. Saturday we were able to sleep in...well, I did most of the sleeping in. Ryan is usually up by 8 on Saturday mornings. It was laundry weekend so we did that early afternoon before going to see "Wall-E", the new Pixar movie. I would recommend it. I love pretty much all the Pixar movies (although "Bug's Life didn't stand out to me) and I can add "Wall-E" to my list of favorite Pixar movies. I think my favorites so far are "Finding Nemo", "The Incredibles", and probably "Wall-E" now. Oh, and "Monsters Inc."
Sunday was the EuroCup final, Spain versus Germany. We were so excited to find out they were showing it on ABC so we got to watch it. We were even more excited when Spain won it. Amazing!
Sunday morning there was church of course. We went a little earlier to help out with prayer teams at the end of the first service. RVC just finished a sermon series on the names of God and it has been incredible. And yesterday we had the perfect chance to put what we had heard in the message at church to good use...All this last weekend there was an event going on in Loring Park, a park we live only about a block away from. It was an event that I wasn't too happy was taking place in the park to begin with, but the biggest pain it creates for us is parking. Since we park on the street, sometimes it's hard to find a parking spot that's close by. This weekend was extra challenging. Between Saturday night and Sunday afternoon after church, we drove around for a total of an hour looking for a parking spot. Sunday, right after church, we had the message from church (the name of God was Jehovah Shammah--God with us) clear in our minds and we were definitely reminded of it while driving around. So we had a little attitude check, a reminder that God is with us...sitting in our car with us while we are driving around looking for a parking spot...
And that was my weekend.
oh, also exciting. The Vida Abundante website is looking good and getting updates. I have had fun helping Ryan with it (
www.vidaabundantevalencia.com).

No comments: