Saturday, September 27, 2008

trying

So I haven't written one of these in a long time, so I figured I would now that I have a few minutes as I wait for laundry to finish.
Life has become busy for me and Ryan but we think we are handling it well, at least for the most part. There have definitely been times when we wished we could just slow down and take a couple days off, we are alive and well.
I am working full time now at a Montessori preschool. I work in the infant room and I enjoy it most days. It is not really something I saw myself doing, but I know God has me there for a reason and I am ok with that.

The month of August I also did a lot of subbing for ESL. It was a lot of fun but I was very busy and it was stressful a lot of the time. September slowed down some, although maybe not as much as I would have liked.
My family was here for three weeks the end of August/beginning of September. I got to spend time with my little sister, which was a blessing. I felt like I didn't really see the rest of my family that much. They were times we were all together, but it didn't feel like any "quality time." That made it easier on me when they left in some ways but it also made it harder because I would have liked to have more time with them.
I am sure there are plenty of other things that have happened the last couple of months. Looking back, it doesn't seem like the last two months really happened. I am not sure where the summer went.
I do think I have grown. At least I hope I have. I know I've learned a lot about myself and how I handle different situations. I think I am learning more about my relationship with God also and how I see Him in my life. I am trying to allow Him to do the big things in my life, to be the big God that He is in my life.
I also feel like I've "rekindled" my friendship with Ali. I know it was never lost, but her friendship has been very special to me lately and I love the times I've been able to talk and spend time with her.
I think now I just need a little adventure in my life outside of the everyday things.

No comments: